Our intern Emily blew us away with this recipe for DESSERT PIZZA with our Snickerdoodle Almond + Cashew Nut Butter! Paired with grilled apple, this recipe is the perfect summer dessert.
- 1/4 cup Ground Up PDX Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
- 2 Medium apples (preferably honey crisp or gala)
- 1 Premade ball of pizza dough (we used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 T Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 T Ground Cinnamon
- 1 T Unsalted Butter (optional)
1. Begin by placing the dough on a plate and covering it lightly with a towel or plastic wrap and let it come to room temperature. Once at room temperature, begin rolling the dough out to a Frisbee sized disk making sure the flour each side and not let it stick to your surface.
2. Place cornmeal on a pizza paddle and transfer your rolled pizza dough onto the paddle. Grill each side of the dough on medium heat until cooked through but not crisp.
3. While your dough is cooking on the grill, core your apples and slice them into O’s.
4. Combine sugar and cinnamon and lightly coat each apple slice in the mixture.
5. Once your dough is cooked, spread our Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter onto one side of the pizza. Then begin placing the apples onto the pizza starting from the outer edges and circling in.
6. If you prefer, you can add 5 very small slices of butter to the inner parts of the apples, however this step is not necessary.
7. Place the pizza on the grill at medium heat and close the lid. Remove the pizza once the dough is crispy and the apples are soft (about 6-7 minutes).
8. Top it off with a drizzle of our Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter and ENJOY!